Overview Our Geography with International Year Abroad programme provides you with an exciting opportunity to study abroad with one of our International Partners. This four-year programme has the same structure as our BSc Geography course, but you will spend your third year studying Geography at an English-speaking university and return to Worcester for your fourth and final year. Study abroad locations currently include a range of European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, and the USA. You will be hosted by a partner university and you will be able to choose freely from across their course offerings in Geography. During your year abroad, you will enjoy the diverse learning opportunities of your host institution and the cultural and travel opportunities offered by your destination. Spending a year living and studying in another country is a fantastic experience that will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Explore a new country and experience different cultures
- Broaden your academic horizons and gain a new perspective on your studies
- Improve your career prospects by gaining new skills and increasing your employability by preparing you for the global job market
- Develop your social skills, make new friends and participate in sports and activities in a different environment
- Improve your foreign language skills or learn a new language.
- Small-group teaching in a friendly, supportive atmosphere
- Highly interactive, with access to the latest technology
- Local and regional fieldwork in most modules
- We currently (2022/23) run fully funded residential field courses in all three years
- The UN Sustainable Development Goals at the core of the programme
- Authentic assessments rather than formal examinations
- A strong employability emphasis throughout
- Grow by studying for a semester abroad at an English-speaking partner institution
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Geographical Society
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.