Our interior spaces are where we spend most of our lives so their design affects us every day, whether we’re at home, at work or at play. This course gives you the skills to explore and create amazing interior designs for true ‘living’ spaces. The course shares with Interior Architecture a fascination with how people, activities and places interrelate. It gives you many opportunities to study a range of real-life interior spaces as well as developing your own design solutions that work in creative, practical and functional ways. You gain skills and expertise in space planning, ergonomics, design composition, colour theory, building technology, environmental control and design for sustainability. You also learn to use the latest digital design technologies such as computer-aided design; digital image creation and manipulation; and video production and editing. Why choose this course?
- Develop a creative and critical understanding of building structure and fabric while exploring the design of interior environments in urban, suburban and rural contexts
- Study the refurbishment of existing buildings; television, film and exhibition design; and virtual environments
- Learn from an experienced academic team, applying the latest innovations to contemporary design problems
- Gain confidence through the course to work independently on a final-year project
- Work in bespoke studio spaces, surrounded by creatives, in the University’s repurposed Art & Design centre, Alexon House - formerly home to a leading fashion label
Areas of study include:
- Context and Ideas
- Introducing Studio Practice
- Spatial Design: Exploring Materials and Methods
- Thinking Through Making
- Collaborative Enterprise
- Context and Meaning
- Developing Professional Practice
- Spatial Design: Developing Materials and Methods
- Creative Futures
- Critical and Creative Contexts
- Final Major Project: Interior Design
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course