Overview Physical Education and Sports Coaching has been a popular, long-standing course here at University of Worcester. From 2019, you will have the opportunity to study both subjects across three years to prepare you for a career in either subject. With our unique focus on inclusion you will be well prepared to be an inclusive practitioner and researcher, with opportunities to complete work based placements and independent projects in an area of your choice. This flexible approach means you can select modules that you are interested in which will make your degree individually tailored helping increase your employability prospects. The course is delivered by a large team of highly experienced and enthusiastic PE practitioners and coaches who are committed to ensuring a high quality experience, which will provide you with the tools and skills to become effective and employable graduates. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to take supplementary National Governing Body Awards in a range of sports to help extend your knowledge and understanding further. You will also have the opportunity to study abroad, spending a semester at one of our international partner institutions including those in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Sweden amongst others. The degree content is designed to ensure graduates have key knowledge of the delivery of all areas of the PE curriculum as well as the pedagogical practice needed to coach athletes across the spectrum of ages and abilities. After graduating, you will be in a strong position to apply for a Qualified Teacher Status course such as the Post Graduate Certificate of Education or embark on a Masters in Coaching Science, both of which are offered here at the University of Worcester. Key Features
- Highly motivated staff with experience in all phases of education and across all levels of PE
- Opportunities to teach children from all key stages and ability levels
- Module options to suit your preference
- Top quality facilities including state of the art inclusive University Arena, 3G astro, sand filled astro, dance studio, outdoor educational site including Lake and outdoor activity centre, S&C suite and gymnasium
- Extensive volunteering opportunities to support elite tournaments, inclusive festivals, and sports camps
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page