If you aspire to work in the global business world with multi-national companies, our course will help you to secure the professional knowledge and skills to bolster your career in this fast-paced market. You will learn about international business practices, operations, sustainability and strategic management in the context of today’s complex and changing globalised marketplace. COURSE OVERVIEW You will learn in a ‘global classroom’ alongside international students, where you can experience a social and cultural understanding of practice in other countries, helping to inform your cross-cultural business reasoning, practices and solutions. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to secure contacts across the globe. Your learning will be enhanced with work-based projects and workshops giving you every opportunity to build your business confidence and give you an authentic insight into the scenarios and challenges that you will face in your future career. ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Feed your passion for exploring international management papers and research to gain a fully-rounded picture of the international business landscape.
- Evaluate how theory can be informed by, and applied to, the current economic climate, giving you the skills you need to manage and lead in the current world of business.
- Study in our dedicated and professional business school where you will meet like-minded people, make beneficial business contacts and see your personal learning and skills enhanced for a successful career.
- Work with tutors who have a wealth of experience in organisations like the UN.
- Have the flexibility to study part-time. Continue working while you gain your master's.
- Leadership and Organisation Behaviour
- Global Marketing Management
- International Management
- Sustainability Issues in Business
- Global Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods for Business and Management
- Dissertation (Optional)
- Independent Project (Optional)
You will be assessed on your achievement of the programme learning outcomes, which, in turn, are achieved by meeting the learning outcomes of the modules. The assessment of the programme learning outcomes will therefore be achieved by assessment at the module level. Selection of the methods for assessment will be determined by the requirements of each individual module and the rationale for selection of those methods will be left to the module specifications. A key aspect of the programme is that you are able to convert your learning by critically reflecting on practice and experience, in line with the QAA benchmark statements. This is achieved through both formative and summative reflection throughout the programme. You are expected to be able to demonstrate a range of cognitive and intellectual skills together with techniques specific to business management. You should also be able to demonstrate relevant personal and interpersonal skills. A variety of assessment methods are used to ensure you have achieved the outcomes related to knowledge and understanding, including: Essays, Exams, Portfolios, Case Studies, Reports, Presentations (Oral and Posters), Assignments, Dissertation.
1st or 2nd class honours degree. Students with other qualifications may be admitted to the course, please contact the Enquiry Centre for further details. Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) may be considered for relevant prior learning at the same academic level.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6125||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Cumbria
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Centre
0845 606 1144