Film Studies and Media at Keele explores the evolution of the media industry and how film has developed through time and across cultures. You will investigate a range of issues, such as representations of gender, race and sexuality, and the politics and economics of the global entertainment industry. You will develop creative and practical skills, whilst exploring a range of different media forms and outlets and how these impact society. This combination of theory and practice will make you a better analyst and practitioner of film and media, helping to prepare you for a career across various creative industries. Why choose this course?
- On demand access to the Media Building – gain practical skills using film, sound and image production facilities
- Tailor your degree and explore both theory and practice based on your interests and careers aspirations
- Develop your skills as a creative writer, researcher or practitioner
- Work Placement opportunities to gain key transferable skills to enhance your career prospects
- Discover diverse cultures through an International Year at a partner university across the globe
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information