Why study BA (Hons) International Tourism & Hospitality Management (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- You can combine tourism and hospitality, or select optional units to specialise in on or the other
- Regular guest lectures from industry professionals
- You will gain invaluable experience, enhance your employability, and build your network through a placement (which can be anywhere in the world)
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- As a popular seaside resort Bournemouth is a perfect location to study this tourism and hospitality
- We are in the top 20 universities in the world for hospitality and leisure management (QS University Rankings 2023), 96% of our graduates are either working or studying fifteen months after graduating (Source DiscoverUni 2022).
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management, Academic & Professional Practice and Fusion Business Project. During your degree, key areas of study will include: Key areas of study will include: The Tourism and Hospitality Industries; Marketing for Tourism & Hospitality; Understanding the Tourist; Contemporary Hospitality; Hospitality & Food Operations: Tourism, Wildlife & the Environment; Managing People in Tourism & Hospitality; Consumer Experience & Behaviour; Sustainable Tourism Destinations; Dissertation OR Consultancy Project; Strategy & Leadership in Hospitality; Tourism Issues and Futures
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Hospitality, Institute of
- Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Travel and Tourism, Institute of
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.