Our MSc Finance degree provides you with a more in-depth understanding of core financial concepts, theories and tools used in a wide variety of organisations worldwide. This includes financial mathematics, model building, risk management, and mergers and acquisitions. It’s designed for ambitious individuals with quantitative abilities but not necessarily a finance related degree who are seeking a career in finance. Our Finance course has been created in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Finance (CFA). The modules are aligned with the institution’s own qualifications, which you can work towards upon completion of your degree. The Chartered Financial Analyst credential is held by over 150,000 professionals around the world. The charter gives a strong understanding of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills. As we are one of the preferred partners for the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) this course allows our students a quicker route to the CIMA Professional Qualification and the global professional designation of Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA). The CIMA Professional Qualification is recognised worldwide as the most relevant global finance qualification for a career in business. Why choose this degree?
- develop a critical understanding of the role of the finance discipline in a wider organisational context.
- you'll gain an ability to appreciate contemporary issues, theories and conceptual frameworks used to explain and guide financial activities in organisations both nationally and internationally.
- an ability to apply knowledge, tools and techniques to resolve issues in new and diverse situations within the finance discipline.
- a critical approach in evaluating the rigour and validity of published research and assessing its relevance to the practice of finance.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
In Semester One you'll study Global Financial Markets, Financial Statement Analysis and Corporate Finance. In Semester 2 you'll complete Financial Modelling, Risk Management and Corporate Restructuring. In your final semester you'll complete a major project such as the Consultancy Experience Project, Internship Experience Project or Business Research Project. Throughout the year you'll study Transformational Leadership Development and Research Methods for Finance and Accounting.
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research based projects.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- The Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
An undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) which contains some evidence of quantitative ability; 1 academic reference is required; applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component. For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We have a host of competitive scholarships available. Please visit https://www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-courses/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/postgraduate-scholarships for further information.