Overview Our Sports Therapy Degree is about more than injury treatment and prevention. You will develop your skills and experience across Sports Therapy and Exercise Science with a broad base of sports science disciplines, for a wide range of Sports Therapy careers. The course is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists and as a course team we pride ourselves on our engagement with the Professional Body to ensure the course is continually at the forefront of Sports Therapy. Top sports people constantly operate on the edge of injury as they push themselves to the limit. A skilled sports therapist can help keep an athlete on track. Throughout the course, you'll gain the confidence and expertise to plan, prepare and deliver maximum performance when it counts. Key features
- Accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists, preparing you for a role as a graduate sports therapist
- All staff are highly experienced and full members of The Society of Sports Therapists
- Work-based learning gives you a wealth of positive experience
- Excellent industry links, including Worcester Warriors Rugby Club, Kidderminster Harriers Football Club and a multitude of rugby, football, netball, basketball and clinics
- Opportunities to gain experience in the clinical environment - through our University’s sports massage clinics and sports injury clinics
- A range of facilities such as our human performance labs, clinical teaching suite, strength and conditioning labs and the award-winning University of Worcester Arena
- Opportunities to gain invaluable experience working with elite athletes participating in national and international competitions at the University
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Course contact detailsVisit our course page