**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary:
- Undertake taught modules with an extended research project in a professional lab.
- Examine the processes underlying the development of malignancy.
- Develop applied research techniques using state-of-the-art lab facilities.
- Design, execute and interpret practical work within the field of neoplastic transformation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Build confidence in presenting your work to academic and professional audiences.
- lectures and seminars
- workshops and tutorials
- laboratory classes
- an extended research project
- working in a professional laboratory
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Compulsory modules Applied Laboratory Practice Cell And Molecular Biology Extended Research Project Hallmarks Of Cancer Therapeutic Targeting In Cancer
A 2:1 in a relevant Honours degree is normally accepted as the entry requirement for the course. Applicants with alternative qualifications with academic attainment or skills in subjects which are directly relevant to the course will also be considered. To be successful on this course, you must have relevant practical laboratory experience. Details of your laboratory experience must be specifically detailed in your personal statement and verified by one of your referees. If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533