Your Exciting Journey in Physical Education Starts at Worcester – Where Passion for Teaching and Sport Unites! Explore Physical Education at Worcester Join us for your next steps in this exciting time in your life. Physical Education at Worcester provides you with a variety of teaching and learning experiences to challenge your thinking and develop skills beyond the subject; from critical thinking, to technology, all will enhance your employability skills ready for the next step in your career. Our course has been specially tailored to meet the changing demands of work in the 21st century, whilst providing you with relevant experiences in the world of PE. Key Highlights of studying PE at Worcester University
- We are a small course, so you’ll never be a just another student at Worcester. We individually know every student, allowing the PE team to provide personalised support throughout your time with us.
- During your first year (level 4) you will study fundamental modules common across PE, coaching and development. The broad based start to your degree provides opportunity for you to be confident in your choice as you gain more knowledge and learn about your degree subject. The course design however facilitates the flexibility for you to progress onto one of the related degrees at the end of level the first year.
- The module design means that you will have the opportunity to specialise in Adapted Physical Education, should this become an area of interest.
- The module design means you’ll be working within your own course and other courses, allowing you to build close ties with the students on your course, but develop friendships with students across other sport related courses.
- Throughout the three years you will have numerous opportunities to work with children and young people to apply and develop your teaching and learning knowledge and practice, in preparation for a final year work experience module.
- The Physical Education course perfectly positions you to apply for Initial Teacher Education courses in the primary and secondary education sector.
- Our graduates go onto a variety of careers following their degree, from teaching to outdoor instructors, to working within the public sector, event management and applying for higher degrees.
- Our Physical Education team are all experienced and passionate lecturers, experts in teaching and learning to provide you with valuable learning experiences.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Apply for a sports scholarship and/or aim to achieve an academic scholarship to support your academic journey and foster your talents.
- Additional Qualifications: Seize the chance to gain coaching awards and engage in sports-related volunteering and study abroad opportunities.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Benefit from exceptional resources, including the inclusive University Arena, our award-winning library The Hive, 4G AstroTurfs, and a high-tech fitness gym with free membership for all first-year students living in halls.
- Recognition for Excellence: Join a university consistently ranked top in the UK for Quality Education and Gender Equality.
- Top 25%: Our sport related courses were ranked into the top 25% of UK Universities and 13th for overall student satisfaction in The Complete University Guide in 2022.
- Barrier-Breaking Approach: Be part of a university dedicated to providing opportunities for all, regardless of background or ability.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course