Choose this course and you’ll develop the applied expertise you need to build a career in global marketing. You will also add to a wide range of transferable skills such as teamwork, communication, presentation and handling client relationships. Applied This course has been approved as career-relevant by employers, because we’ve ensured that it delivers the practical skills they’re looking for. You will have many opportunities to visit, hear from, work for or consult to real businesses, and there are options for field trips and visits to museums and exhibitions. Your learning will be based around workplace tasks such as market research, report-writing and presentations. You’ll also use industry-standard business software, such as Excel and IBM’s SPSS Statistics. London London is a world-leading center for marketing, media communications and public relations. Many of the world’s leading agencies and consultancies are headquartered here, as are diverse businesses from innovative start-ups to huge multi-nationals. You will have plenty of opportunities to immerse yourself in this world and to network with marketers. Tutors Coventry University has been award ‘Gold’ in the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework. You’ll be taught by inspirational tutors with broad experience in both academic and professional contexts, who come from – or have worked – all over the world, including the USA, the Middle East, Europe, South Africa and Asia. Each brings with them their own marketing insights and stories from those places as well as a range of industries including pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, banking, management consultancy, travel, private equity, fintech, energy, the military, publishing, foods, retail, logistics and more. Global Every aspect of this course has been designed to reflect international business practices, cultures and legal frameworks, so you’ll develop confidence dealing with diverse people and organisations around the world. You’ll study alongside students from many different countries, who will bring an invaluable multi-cultural dimension to your learning. You’ll work on international case studies, hear from global businesses, have the option to go on overseas field trips, and much more. Support You can access a significant amount of support when it comes to numeracy, technology, communication, problem-solving and group work. For example, you’ll be able to submit your assignments for pre-marking feedback, and you’ll have a personal tutor plus support with computing, our library facilities, and employability. If you do the placement year, you’ll also have both academic and workplace mentors. Key course benefits;
- The hands-on nature of this course will provide you with work-ready skills which should help you transition more quickly and easily into your professional career.
- Living, studying and even working in London will give you extraordinary exposure to marketing in all its shapes and forms.
- Guest marketeers from industry will come in discuss their work and offer career advice.
- You will develop your confidence as an individual, as well as within a team, and you’ll become more skilled in researching, writing up and presenting your work to a wide range of audiences.
- You will be encouraged to use your observations, critical analysis and research skills to develop a habit of lifelong learning which will serve you throughout your career.
- You will enjoy a truly multi-cultural experience, since you’ll be studying alongside students drawn from many countries around the world.
- You will complete your course with a clear idea of the career options open to you in marketing, whether in-house with a business, within an agency environment, or as an entrepreneur. If you’re interested in starting your own business, you could get business start-up advice and support.
Your main study themes are:
- Commercial realism You will develop real business acumen, something which employers often say is lacking among graduates
- Strategy Although we will cover marketing tactics, the goal of the course is to develop you into a marketing strategist and decision-maker.
- Digital From electronic data to social media, apps and websites, you will explore in depth the opportunities and challenges of the digital world.
- Creativity Bright ideas and innovation are what create interest and disruption in the market, so we’ll investigate the roles of creativity and creative agencies.
- Reputation Marketing has a responsibility for a reputation management, so we will cover ethical business behaviour.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Coventry University London
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30