Through studying some of the biggest issues the world is facing today, on this course you’ll examine the significance of global politics and the factors that influence income, wealth and wellbeing. Why study BA (Hons) Politics and Economics at BU?
- Approach contemporary issues by focusing on the role the media plays in news across the world, reinforcing and challenging who gets what, how, why and where
- Expand your knowledge and attend conferences and speaker seminars, as well as field trips to places such as Westminster, local government and charities
- Learn from leading researchers in the fields of politics and political communication
- Get hands-on experience of elections as political pundits, expert guests or fact-checkers in staff-student run projects and talk shows
- Study alongside students from around the world at the Salzburg Academy on Media and Global Change; attend expert-led lectures, cultural tours and workshops
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV in a 4-week or 30-week placement.
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Understanding Contemporary Britain | Law & Government. As part of the Degree, in Year 1 you will study: Political Economy | Principles of Microeconomics | Political Sociology | Global Governance & International Relations | Basic Statistical Techniques | Principles of Macroeconomics
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|