University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Do you want to help diagnose and treat diseases? Fascinated by the science behind clinical practice? Then you might want to try a career in biomedical science. We'll help you enter this exciting field by giving you a year to build a foundation of knowledge in the subject, so you can continue your studies to gain a BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Science. You’ll ultimately be prepared for a future investigating the diseases which attack the human body and be ready to play a part in advancing modern medicine with this biomedical course. Why Choose University of Cumbria We’ve created this course so you learn how science can be applied to clinical practice and research - ultimately, so you can make a difference to people’s lives through the diagnosis and treatment of disease in the future. You won’t just secure your academic knowledge through lectures - you’ll be putting on your lab coat to learn with hands-on sessions in our new laboratories. And, you’ll work in small learning groups, so tutors are always on hand to help with your studies and research.
- Gain a sound knowledge of immunology, cell and molecular biology to biochemistry and pharmacology
- Study laboratory-specialist subjects - clinical biochemistry, cellular pathology, haematology and clinical genetics
- Hone research and laboratory skills, crucial for your future as a scientist
- Develop all the skills and techniques required for diagnosis and research into disease - the skills employers will demand
- Learn in our new laboratories
- Taught by academic tutors with a wealth of experience in the field
- Keep up-to-date with topical developments in the biomedical industry
- You’ll be based in Carlisle, within 30 minutes of Scotland in one direction and the stunning Lake District National Park – now a UNESCO World Heritage site - in the other. And, you'll be close to the spectacular North West coastline, so you’ll never be stuck for something to do outside of your studies.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Carlisle - Fusehill Street|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||56 - 72 points||Must have studied Biology or Applied Science at Level 3|
|A level||CD - DDD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MPP - MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||M: 21 credits P: 24 credits||Must be science based, need to pass all 60 credits, 45 at level 3|
|Scottish Higher||DDDD - CCDD|
GCSE English, Maths and Science at grade C/4
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Cumbria
Clearing contact details
Clearing Call Centre
08081 787 373
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
University of Cumbria
0845 606 1144