Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Law underpins our society. It’s a diverse and challenging area of study that leads to a range of career opportunities. Our LLB programme gives you the depth of legal knowledge you need to work in this exciting field or go on to further training. With careers fairs, guest speakers, and networking events, you can challenge yourself and really understand the profession. Learning in practice Studying legal theory is important, but it’s not the whole picture. You need to develop your skills as a negotiator and problem solver too. Interactive workshops and our mock courtroom will build your confidence. You can take advantage of our extensive network of professional partners to offer pro bono legal advice to real clients, under supervision. This is supported by our expert teaching staff, who have years of experience working in various legal professions. Specialist knowledge This degree gives you the chance to specialise in particular legal fields and prepare for a career you’re passionate about. In Years 2 and 3 you can choose from a variety of option units to dig deeper into specific areas. Our mentoring scheme provides further support as you decide which direction you want to take with your career. Choose a placement or study abroad – the course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Legal hub – Manchester is the country’s second-largest legal hub. We have close ties to the Northern Circuit and leading legal firms.
- Award winning – join a law school renowned for mooting and interviewing success in national and international competitions.
- Apply your knowledge – interact with real clients by helping people seeking legal advice through our network of pro bono partners. You’ll be supervised by qualified lawyers.
- Legal professionals – your lecturers are highly experienced legal professionals. They’ve worked as solicitors, barristers and district judges. Our legal scholars and research academics encourage critical thinking.
- Qualifying law degree – graduate ready to start one of the legal vocational courses required to become a solicitor or barrister. Continue studying with us for a discount on your fees.
- Diverse community – you’ll be learning with people from across the globe. Our reputation attracts students from countries where there is common jurisdictions such as Hong Kong.
- Established law school – from LLB up to Bar and scholarly research, we teach law at every stage of the profession. Join the Law Society to get involved with the community.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||120 points|
|A level||BBB||To include at least one relevant A level (excludes Art and Design, Media Studies, Business/Business Studies, General Studies).|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DDM||Applied Law or Business (Law)|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 122 UCAS Tariff points|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||26 points|
GCSE grade C/5 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69