OVERVIEW Law underpins our society. A law degree gives you a unique insight into everything, from the economy to the criminal justice system. And it gives you a huge range of skills that will last you throughout your career. The LLB (Hons) is your passport to a rewarding future – whether you have ambitions to be a solicitor, barrister, academic researcher, or a business person. Discover your niche We cover all the subjects you need to know; tort, contract, criminal law and property law – you’ll get a thorough grounding in the essentials. And, thanks to our teaching team’s wide range of specialisms, from families to sports, we offer exciting optional units beyond the core curriculum. Interested in gender issues? We have one of the leading experts on trans rights, Professor Stephen Whittle OBE. Practise your skills Mooting is a key part of any legal education. Our mock courtroom is the perfect place to brush up on your performance. You’ll have classes and extra-curricular activities there, and you can even use it for your final year project. Ready to test yourself in the real world? You can work with a qualified solicitor offering pro bono work to local people. You might join the Business Law Café offering advice to local SMEs, or maybe you’ll help a disadvantaged person with legal advice they wouldn’t normally be able to afford. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- A modern law degree – our law degree has been redesigned to take account of the changes to legal education, training and practice and be fit for the 21st century. Take your first step on the path to becoming a solicitor or barrister or to work in related professional services or academia. Continue studying with us for a discount on your fees.
- Apply your knowledge – with supervised pro bono work you can help someone in need access the justice system, or advise a small business just starting out.
- Well-connected – we have links to leading law firms, chambers, and the wider professional sectors – including Eversheds, DWF, Deloitte, Browne Jacobson, Addleshaw Goddard and chambers across the Northern Circuit.
- Learn on the job – take an optional placement year to get work experience before you graduate. We have links with local law firms and large international businesses.
- New moot court room – we have invested in our facilities to offer an enhanced student experience. Our brand new, state-of-the-art moot court room offers students the ideal environment to improve their legal advocacy skills.
- Study abroad – with our connections across the world, you can spend a year experiencing a new culture at partner institutions around the world.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Study with the experts – our teaching team are experienced professionals and renowned academics. They’ll inspire you to think about the law in new ways.
- A supportive community – we work closely with the student Law Society to ensure a full programme of employability and social activities, and student support initiatives.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade 5 or equivalent in English Language and GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent in Mathematics
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69