Develop a highly employable skill set applicable to a wide variety of communication and media careers, whilst expanding your professional ability to engage with theoretical concepts and display critical understanding and analysis. Why study MA Media & Communication at BU?
- Study communication and media theory at an advanced level
- Engage with research and communicate your ideas in a variety of media, including text, video and audio
- Tailor the course to suit your interests and career goals by selecting from a wide range of option units
- Undertake a 30-week professional placement within the communication or media sector, designed to enhance your employability after graduation
- Gain the skills to make valuable contributions to media and communications practice within complex or unpredictable environments.
Core units: Key Concepts & Methods: Users & Producers; Key Concepts & Methods: Texts & Artefacts; Communicating Ideas in the Digital Age; Media Diversity & Cross-cultural Communication; Major Project Option units (choose one each semester): Contemporary Perspectives in Media & Communication; Media & Global Challenges; New Media Innovation; Brands & Branding; Consumer Insights
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language, you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) or above, with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.