University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
If you’re looking for a fine art foundation course that’ll enable you to unearth your artistic voice and unleash your creative flair in your own dedicated studio space, then this is the one for you. Your introductory year will give you the skills and knowledge needed to appreciate the full Fine Arts programme to go on to complete your degree and secure a future in the fine arts industry. Why Choose University of Cumbria You’ll acquire and hone your skills across all the Fine Art disciplines of painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography (both wet and dry) and digital media. And, forget having to book our own art space – we have a larger than average studio, so you can create your very own adaptable and readily available space for your ambitious work, accessible to you throughout your degree. You’ll be within 20 minutes of Scotland in one direction and the stunning Lake District National Park – now a UNESCO World Heritage site - in the other. Add to that close to the spectacular North West coastline and you’ll never be stuck for something to do outside of your studies.
- 75% of your studies will be in practical, hands-on sessions
- Easy access to fabrication facilities in metal, wood, ceramic, as well as print studios, dark rooms and audio/visual labs.
- All tutors are practicing artists – many are world-renowned
- Opportunity to create an ambitious portfolio of work to impress future employers
- Develop entrepreneurial skills – including self-employment and marketing
- Small class sizes, so we get to know you as an individual and help you to flourish
- Encouraged to exhibit locally and nationally thanks to our industry links
- Run your own space in Carlisle, visit galleries of note nationally and internationally
- You get every chance to master a full range of art disciplines to develop your own unique style
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Brampton Road
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|