By bringing together our academic expertise with Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation, this degree offers the very best of both worlds and an integrated path to rewarding career goals. This course offers work-based learning in Premier League surroundings, equipping you with the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to find success as a coach or sports programme leader. Academic experts deliver the programme, providing insight and support during your three years. In addition, you are continually mentored and supported by practitioners from City in the Community who provide perspectives from the real world of delivering community sport coaching and sport development initiatives. You will learn how coaching sport improves aspects of mental and physical health. The programme will cover all angles of project development – from planning and delivering activity, through to measuring impact – to help understand the potential of sporting opportunities to make a positive difference in the community. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Delivered in partnership with Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation, this programme has been designed to build knowledge in a broad range of areas, from coaching practice and sport performance analysis to sociology and sport development.
- Taught at the Etihad Campus, home to MCFC and City Football Academy. More than 450 players train on site every week in the Academy, from under 6s to the first team.
- A core strand of this programme of study is its work-based learning activities. You will undertake work experience with Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation across all three years of study, which will equip you with an array of employability skills and attributes.
- You will be taught by highly experienced academics from the Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences and will also be mentored and supported by sport coaching practitioners from Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation.
- This programme will provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge and experience to find success in community sport coaching and beyond.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
Additional entry requirements
Due to the nature of City in the Community projects, all learners will require an enhanced DBS check and clearance.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course