This distance learning course provides the scientific and interdisciplinary insight into the challenges a transition to a green economy represents and how to address them. The development of a green economy is a political and socio-economic imperative. Why study MSc Green Economy at BU?
- Enjoy the flexibility of a distance learning course, which allows you to undertake a work-based project instead of a research project to support your dissertation
- You will develop your knowledge of ecology, geography, social science, psychology and technology in this multidimensional course
- Understand the challenges of reducing carbon emissions, overexploitation of resources and widespread environmental degradation, which pose a danger to human wellbeing
- Acquire the scientific understanding on which the transition to a green economy can be based, including the principles of environmental sustainability and the societal responses required to implement these in practice
- Profit from our expert academics and their knowledge of sustainability and tools that inform environmental practice and policy implementation.
Core units: Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services; Carbon Management; Environmental Law & Social Justice; Frontiers of Sustainability Science; Green Technology & Renewable Energy; Sustainable Development in Practice. Option units (choose one): Research Project; Extended Professional Placement.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Environmental Management and Assessment, Institute of
A Bachelors Honours degree, 2:2 or above or equivalent in a required subject: Geography, Ecology, Environmental Science, Economics, Politics, Psychology or Sociology. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£5615||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£5615||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£5615||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.