- Our Fire Safety Engineering top-up programme is ideal if you are an engineer aiming for a senior role after graduation in safety design or want to become a fire safety engineer.
- If you’re an engineer qualified to Higher National or Foundation Degree level and are seeking to develop expertise in the application of scientific, engineering and technological principles and tools to resolve design problems in fire and fire safety applications, then this top-up course is for you.
- The design and safety of buildings for industrial and commercial use is becoming more complex due to the ever increasing awareness of health and safety needs in the working environment, so the ability to solve the problems of fire prevention and control is ever increasing.
- An Industrial Liaising Committee inputs to this course, involving leading fire safety engineering and management companies, and Fire and Rescue Services.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Fire Safety (Engineering) (Top Up) is ranked 3rd in the UK with 92% of students in graduate-level work or further study after graduating (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Benefit from significant investment in the latest high quality equipment and facilities available through our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
- International opportunities include travel and work placement with ‘Operation Florian’ which is a charitable organisation working to improve fire service infrastructures.
Semester 1: Enclosure Fire Dynamics, Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Investigation, Probabilistic Risk Analysis, Engineering Design Project, Fire Science Dissertation Semester 2: Enclosure Fire Dynamics, Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Investigation, Probabilistic Risk Analysis, Engineering Design Project, Fire Science Dissertation
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Pass Foundation Degree in a relevant subject, and a relevant scientific or engineering background.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|