The Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences has a reputation for academic excellence and you’ll learn from research-active staff working at the forefront of their specialist fields – well placed to support and guide you as you discover yours. The foundation year provides a route onto a degree if you don't have the qualifications or have not studied advanced level subjects sufficiently related to your course of choice. After successful completion of the foundation year in sport and exercise sciences, you can progress on to one of the relevant BSc (Hons) degrees:
- BSc (Hons) Health and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching and Development
- Provides a route onto your chosen degree course if you don't meet the current entry requirements.
- Foundation years are designed to make undergraduate degrees more accessible to those who are under-represented in higher education, for example, those with non-traditional qualifications.
- Course content is tailored so that it is appropriate to your chosen degree.
- Helps you to develop the study skills and academic knowledge you will need to start Year 1 of your degree with confidence.
- You will be eligible to apply for student finance in the same way as other undergraduates.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
GCSE grade D/3 or above in English Language and Mathematics. Equivalent Level 2 qualifications, e.g. Functional Skills Level 2 in English/Maths with Pass, are also accepted.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course