The most important aspect of any building design is the people inside. This innovative MSc programme explores not only the theories and principles of sustainable architecture but also crucial issues relating to human health in buildings.
- Study a CIAT accredited course at a university which is one of only four CIAT Centres of Excellence in the UK
- 100% of MSc Sustainable Architecture and Healthy Buildings students are satisfied with the overall quality of their course (PTES 2019)
- Draw on our extensive industrial links and the expertise of our research and practice active highly experienced staff
- Add a new dimension to your knowledge of design and technology relating to energy efficiency in buildings
- Gain vital practical experience through live sustainable design projects
- Be inspired by specialist guest lectures, seminars and workshops
- Learn from influential academics who are conducting important research into sustainable design
Modules include: research methods: application and evaluation; health in buildings: comparative approaches; sustainable architecture and low energy design; cpd and strategic management; sustainable design simulation and analysis; sustainable construction methods and materials; environmental performance management for sustainable development; designing environments; negotiated module; independent scholarship.
A variety of assessment methods is used, including a combination of coursework and live project work, assignments, exhibitions, degree show, peer group reviews, graphic and oral presentations, and portfolios.
You will normally be expected to have an architectural or other built environment undergraduate degree (2:2), or a professional qualification of equal standing, or significant practical or professional experience that would support your application. If English is not your first language, you will also need an IELTS score of 6.0 or the equivalent. Applicants from non-traditional backgrounds are welcome to apply and will be accepted subject to successful interview and relevant work experience.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.