University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
It’s imperative for businesses to effectively recruit, retain and motivate their employees to succeed in a competitive, global economy. So, we’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and the professional bodies – so you can gain all the core academic and practical skills you’ll need to specialise in the human dimension of business and management. Why Choose University of Cumbria We’ll provide you with a firm grasp of disciplines of Human Resource Management and you’ll gain understanding of HR systems and their impact upon organisations and people in the context of current business landscapes. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business management and human resources- you’ll be doing it in practical and interactive sessions. Our innovative teaching will enable you to develop core management skills in problem solving, decision making, team working and communications – the skills that employers demand in today’s dynamic business environment.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study (DLHE 2017)
- Use the latest technology and packages that you’ll use in the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work - informed by academic theory and current thinking – to present to a future employer
- Great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Study in a professional environment in our dedicated business school
- Tailor-make your own course to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
- We have great business and industry links, which boosts your networking prospects
- Opportunity to study abroad to gain international business experience
- Access to new and modern social and study spaces, technology and facilities
Year one - Compulsory modules: Managing People and Organisations, The Business Environment, Introduction to Business Finance, Fundamentals of Business, Principles of Marketing, Management Accounting. Year two - Compulsory modules: Organisational Behaviour, Responsibility, ethics and sustainability in practice, Human Resource Management, Theory and Practice, Services Marketing, Managing Operations, Employee Development and Performance. Year three - Compulsory modules: Strategic Analysis, Business Psychology, International Human Resource Management, Managing the Global Workforce. Optional modules (subject to availability and demand): Applied Business Research and Analysis, Independent Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||96 - 112 points|
|A level||CCC - BBC|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMM - DMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||D: 15 credits M: 30 credits||Must pass all 60 credits, 45 at level 3|
|Scottish Higher||BBCC - ABBB|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|