Sport is part of Manchester’s DNA. It’s a big feature of the city’s history, character and economy – it’s also a big part of Manchester Met. As one of few management courses in the UK focusing solely on sports, we cover topics including sport policy, marketing and business management. Unlike other courses in the country, you’ll also explore areas such as politics, finance and law to understand how they apply to the sports industry. The latest developments in sport Everything you learn on this course has been designed in conjunction with our networks within the sports industry. All of our teaching is research-led. The majority of our staff are internationally renowned for their research in sports policy, law, politics, marketing and more. Our teaching team work closely with key industry organisations across the globe, including UK Sport, the IOC and FIFA. We also have links with the local organising committees of the London 2012 and Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, and the Qatar 2022 World Cup. After you graduate, you’ll be prepared for a career in sport business and management, policy and governance in the public and private sector. Features and Benefits
- Global sporting city – Manchester is a world-renowned sporting city. Home to two internationally recognised football clubs and other major sporting venues, the city is a destination for all things sport.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Explore sport policy – unlike similar courses in the UK, we’ll help you to get to grips with sport policy. We cover wellbeing, individual, social, community and economic development.
- Excellence in teaching – learn from a team with a wealth of industry and research experience in a variety of sporting areas such as policy, marketing and mega-events.
- Connections – we have strong links to high profile sports clubs and bodies, such as Manchester City and Manchester United, the English Institute of Sport and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Cover a range of vital areas – study core units including policy and management of sport events, international strategic management and more to expand your career opportunities in sport.
- Enhancing your experience – As a member of the Manchester Graduate School of Sport, you are also part of Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport. This Institute unites expertise from across the University, creating a home for sport education, research and partnerships at Manchester Met.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 6969