This online Biomed course allows health sector workers to study the latest developments in biomedical science and healthcare management while boosting their own professional development. Our Biomedical Science course is aimed at health sector employees who want to keep up-to-date with latest developments in biomedical science, healthcare management and related subjects. The course is managed by a consortium of NHS Trusts, Pathology Joint Ventures, Public Health England and the University of Greenwich. The modules are approved for continuing professional development (CPD) by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS), the leading body for current practitioners in the field. There are currently 17 modules available to study online with full support from an experienced practitioner. Each one has been specifically tailored to meet workplace needs. Together they provide a flexible, practical way to learn, either for CPD or towards a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert), Diploma (PGDip) or full master's degree (MSc). Additional info The PGCert and PGDip awards in Healthcare Management and Healthcare Quality Management have specific module requirements. Students undertaking the full MSc must complete a workplace-based project. What you should know about this course
- You can begin online courses in April or October. Scholarships are available, please contact the Biomed Online office for details.
- Our online courses are mapped to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework.
- Complete two 12-week modules to gain a PGCert in Biomedical Science (Online) award, a * PGCert in Healthcare Quality Management or a PGCert in Healthcare Management.
- Complete four 12-week modules to gain a PGDip in Biomedical Science (Online), Healthcare Quality Management or Healthcare Management.
- Complete four modules and a research project to gain an MSc Biomedical Science (Online). The MSc is validated by the University of Greenwich and accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science.
All degree courses are made up of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures, module content, and how each module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
The assessment procedure is different for each course. The assessments include quizzes, reports, presentations and project work. Your course tutor will guide you through them. The research project (MSc) should be of a standard suitable for publication in a scientific journal or equivalent.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Biomedical Science, Institute of
How to apply
The University of Greenwich accepts a broad range of international qualifications for admission to our courses.
You should have a BSc or MSc from an EU university or equivalent professional clinical qualification, or experience gained within the NHS or an equivalent healthcare setting. Equivalent qualifications from a non-EU university will be assessed on an individual basis. For more information, contact [email protected] or 020 8331 9000.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Biomedical Science (Online)
020 8331 9978
020 8331 9000