A degree in AI and data science will equip you with the knowledge and skills to acquire, curate, manage, analyse, and make inferences from data for solving real-world problems. In your first year, you will study core computing topics and develop your communication and team working skills. As you move into your second year you’ll progress onto more advanced topics and turn your hand to a large-scale technical project in your final year. Study with us and you’ll gain essential, transferable computational and statistical thinking skills to create and deploy data-driven products. We’ll equip you with the knowledge for solving challenges in a range of potential data-rich application domains, such as medicine, health, climate, transportation, marketing and sales. Features and benefits
- Specialise in the exciting and fast-growing field of data science, gaining knowledge and skills that are highly valued by an array of tech companies.
- You will study a curriculum designed with industry in mind to equip you with the range of skills and strengths that employers demand.
- The four-year placement route gives you the opportunity to spend your third year on an industry placement, boosting your employment prospects on graduation. This may be subject to national lockdown restrictions.
- You will experience what it's like to work as part of a professional team, finding solutions to complex problems via group projects. You can also get involved with extracurricular work to further apply your skills, such as hackathons, gaming events and the Students’ Union Computing Society.
- Our excellent facilities include teaching laboratories equipped with high-specification PCs with specialist, industry-standard software running on either Windows or Linux.
- Our dedicated drop-in lab provides an informal social working space with regular support sessions from our programme support tutors.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language and Mathematics Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and Mathematics will be considered
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69