Reasons to choose Kingston – Integrated into this course is a 15-month training course leading to a Frozen Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL). – Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training (BCFT) is partnered with the Florida Institute of Technology and you’ll have the opportunity to conduct practical flight training in the USA. – As well as pilot training, this course offers knowledge of the operational, technical and commercial aspects of the airline industry, to help you stand out at future job interviews. About this course Now is an ideal time to become a commercial airline pilot. Commercial aviation is forecast to double over the next 20 years, offering amazing opportunities. This course will help you take off as a pilot and future aviation leader. In Year 2 you’ll be based at Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training (BCFT) and fly over the beautiful south coast. You’ll study the syllabus of the 14 Theoretical Knowledge exams needed to obtain a UK European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ATPL (A) licence. Please note the cost of flight training in Year 2 is approximately £70,000 in addition to University fees.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Year 1 - Introduction to Aerospace Engineering; Mathematics and Physics for Practitioner Engineers; HE Study Skills and Professional Development; Thermofluids and Mechanical Principles; Year 2 - Flight Operations and Meteorology; Aircraft Systems and Navigation; Instrumentation, Law and Operational Procedures; Professional Development for Commercial Airline Pilots; Year 3 - Air Transport Economics; Airline Operations and Scheduling; Aircraft Systems; Individual Project - Aviation Studies
Teaching includes lectures supported by tutorials and practical activities. Year 2 involves flight training with classroom-based theoretical learning reinforced by practical training in light aircraft and flight simulators. Assessment includes written coursework (both individual and as a group), multiple-choice tests, written phase tests and formal examinations. In Year 3, you are given the opportunity to research a topic of your choice which is assessed by a written thesis.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Kingston University & Bournemouth commercial flight training
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
T Levels T Levels are an alternative to A levels, apprenticeships and other further education courses. T Level focuses on vocational skills and can help students into skilled employment, higher education and/or apprenticeships. Students who study T Level spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where they put these skills into action. T Levels are the equivalent to three A levels and we recognise the UCAS tariff points they attract in line with other qualifications that aid progression to higher education.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
53-57 High Street
Kingston upon Thames
Clearing contact details
Clearing call centre - Kingston University 08000483334 - UK Based callers only +44 2083281149 - Non UK Based callers
08000 483 334
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Kingston Admissions Enquiries