OVERVIEW A foundation year provides the perfect environment to advance your academic abilities before continuing on to the full degree course. Key skills and knowledge gained during the year give you an excellent grounding and a wide exposure to a range of subjects within our triple accredited business school. You'll develop your study skills including academic writing and personal and professional development to start you off in the best possible way for your degree. You will learn more about business in a global and national context, and approaches to leading and managing in organisations. The foundation year also gives you a unique insight into the events, hospitality, sport and tourism industries and the role these sectors play in the health and wellbeing of society. This course is designed to prepare you for studying our sports business management degree. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to study for an honours degree, even if you don’t currently meet the academic requirements. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. By bringing management theory into the practical world, our BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management degree will help foster the understanding and ability you’ll need for a career in the sport, recreation and leisure industries. Throughout the programme, we’ll encourage you to think creatively, bringing your own ideas to tackle real-life business challenges, from running recruitment campaigns and managing events to developing a marketing strategy and conducting market research. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Adapt to university life – develop your study skills, prepare for a full degree course and familiarise yourself with our Manchester campus.
- Funding support – you can apply for student finance (e.g. tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Highly ranked in the UK – we're ranked 9th in the Complete University Guide 2021 for the group of subjects which includes BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport (opening in 2022) – will offer an exceptional student experience, bringing together sport-related education from across the University to deliver a world-leading curriculum in sport, business, management and integrated healthcare disciplines and community health promotion.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course