Develop your practice in specialist music studios and learn the skills to work in creative industries such as music, film, TV and games audio production. Develop your abilities to become a highly skilled music and audio producer. As part of your course you’ll:
- Hone your skills in the creative, technical and compositional aspects of music production
- Gain a solid academic and practical base from which to develop your craft further
- Apply your knowledge to a variety of creative and industry-focused briefs and scenarios
- Understand the professional environment and how it will inform your practice
- Learn through lectures, tutorials and seminars delivered by academic staff and industry professionals
- Have the opportunity to work with other students in production teams, further enhancing your team working and project management abilities and employability opportunities
- 93% of BA (Hons) Music Production students said staff were good at explaining things*
- Accredited by JAMES - we were the first university in England to become a JAMES Integrated Learning Centre
- Taught by music industry professionals
- Opportunity to take a ‘sandwich’ year of paid employment in industry to build your skills and experience
- Study within one of the largest university arts communities in the north, with 3000 students spread across over 40 courses
- Access to dedicated music studios, Foley studios, dubbing and music recording studios, acoustic labs and a host of post-production suites in the new Leeds School of Arts building
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Composition for Music Production
- Computer as an Instrument
- Music in Context
- Sound Technology
- Creative Studio Techniques
- Audio Production Portfolio
- Production Analysis
- Level 5 Project
- The Music Industries
- Creative Studio Production
- Electronic Music Repertoire Development
- Project Proposal
- Major Project
- Mixing Practice
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|