What constitutes good education and how can it be delivered most effectively? This flexible course, taught by tutors possessing extensive experience in educational settings, explores how education defines and contributes to the world around us. In understanding that education is much more than simply teaching and learning, you will begin to question many of the assumptions that lie beneath both policy and practice. Why study MA Education at Middlesex University? The core focus of this innovative MA is exceptional education. Our part-time course meets the needs of those who wish to further their knowledge of the theory and processes of education, but cannot commit to full-time studies. The course may be undertaken on an individual or collective basis, with groups of teachers and education professionals both eligible to enrol. Structured so that assignments can be built into your working practice, the course will maximise the effectiveness of your teaching, leadership and management. We encourage participants to evaluate existing practices, develop new approaches and become immersed in action enquiry based research. Middlesex's extensive history of delivering leading education courses ensures that you will benefit from the guidance of outstanding tutors who bring a wealth of professional experience to their teaching. As research-leaders, our academics are widely published across disciplines such as multilingualism, diversity and childhood development. Specialist Pathway: MA Education (Drama) This focused pathway of the Education MA programme is delivered in conjunction with Trestle Theatre Company and is specifically designed for teachers and lecturers of drama, theatre studies and performing arts. The course explores a variety of theatre practices relating to education and creative learning, as well as sharing years of specialist mask and physical theatre expertise developed through Trestle’s work. Professionals who are interested in this award title should apply for the MA Education programme, clearly stating they wish to work towards the MA Education (Drama) exit award and select the below modules:
- Developing Professional Practice
- Action Enquiry for improvement
- Our education department is at the cutting edge of teaching and learning practice in the UK
- Thought-leaders in their field, our tutors are able to contribute the very latest research findings to the course
- For those registering in groups, the course pathway is developed by the University in partnership with schools or other agencies, who may offer module delivery at a convenient location
- Accreditation of Prior Learning and Accreditation of Prior Experiential learning is available in all but the dissertation module, allowing you to gain credit for prior study and experience therefore shorten your overall study period. Accreditation of Experiential learning will be through the production of a portfolio of evidence mapped against the learning objectives of the module that you wish to have accredited. There will be an extra fee for assessment of this portfolio.
- As a participant of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Core Modules Developing Effective Teaching and Learning Developing Effective Leadership and Management Developing Professional Practice in Education PGDip and MA Students additionally take Action Enquiry for Improvement MA Students additionally complete Dissertation (60 Credits)
2:2 (hons degree) or equivalent qualification
English language requirements
|With at least 6.0 in each component
|With at least 21 in listening & writing, 22 in speaking and 23 in reading
|With at least 51 in all components
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.