Birkbeck, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Birkbeck's BSc Information Systems and Management with Foundation Year provides a perfect route to study for those who do not meet the entry requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate information systems and management degree, those who do not feel they are quite ready for an undergraduate degree, or those who are returning to study after a significant break and need extra help and support. The Foundation Year helps build your confidence and improve the skills you need for successful study at undergraduate level. It also provides you with a strong foundation in the main subject areas of information systems and management. Upon successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will automatically progress to our three-year, full-time evening study BSc Information Systems and Management. The BSc focuses on key skills in information systems and management, including information systems, business systems, management, economics, business, programming and systems analysis and design. HIGHLIGHTS
- Our Foundation Year programmes will fully prepare you for undergraduate study and are ideal if you returning to study after a gap, or if you have not previously studied the relevant subjects, or if you didn't achieve the grades you need for a place on your chosen undergraduate degree.
- The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at Birkbeck is one of the longest-established computing departments in the UK; we celebrated our 60th anniversary in 2017. We provide a stimulating teaching and research environment for both part-time and full-time students.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 75% of our research outputs in Computer Science were ranked world-leading or internationally excellent.
- We have four modern computing laboratories in the Department, with a total of 133 workstations.
- The local area network is a switched gigabit/10gigabit ethernet. The Department and College computers are connected to the SuperJANET academic network. Departmental computer services and networks are managed and supported by the Department's Systems Group.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
A combination of coursework, in-class tests and examinations.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don’t meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses, foundation programmes and language support services to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry form
020 3907 0700
Our Clearing hotline opens at 8.30am on Tuesday 10th August until 6pm and 9am on Wednesday 11th August until 6pm. From Thursday 12th August our phone lines will be open 10.30 - 6pm (Mon-Thur) and 10.30 -5pm (Fri). Virtual Clearing Event - http://www.bbk.ac.uk/events/
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700