- Our BA (Hons) Business and Management course aims to shape the next generation of inspiring leaders. We’ll develop your understanding of how organisations operate and the importance of effective management.
- This is an industry-relevant, practical and contemporary programme which entails close links with business and enterprise, with opportunities to gain vital work experience.
- There’s a distinct emphasis on practical learning and you’ll develop core business skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, team working and communications.
- You’ll learn about the key ideas, models and theories that underpin contemporary management – and then you’ll get to put them into practice through live projects, short-term internships, volunteering and/or a one-year paid placement.
- Our Management studies courses are ranked 1st in the North West and in the UK top 10 for overall student satisfaction – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- We’re also ranked 3rd in the North West for assessment and feedback – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- Regular guest speakers will give you expert insights from some of today’s leading minds in the world of business.
- We offer you the chance to study abroad and take some of your modules at our Cyprus Campus.
Year 1: Core modules; Management and Organizational Behaviour, Business and Management Project Essentials, Introduction to Business Functions, The Business Environment. Plus one of the following option modules: Principles of Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance, Business Economics Year 2: Core modules; Global Environment of Business, Work, Organisation and Change, Career Planning, Project and Operations Management, Research Methods. Plus one of the following option modules: Principles of Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance, Business Economics Year 3: Optional 48-week work placement. Core modules: Management Strategy, Contemporary Issues in Business, Dissertation or Management Report, Management Analysis Project or Professional Development. Plus two of the following option modules: E-Marketing, Management Consultancy Skills, Learning and Development, Evaluating HRM, Coaching and Mentoring, International Management, International Finance There is a 48-week work placement in the third year for those taking the Sandwich route.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Central Lancashire
Clearing contact details
UCLan Course Enquiries
Course contact detailsVisit our course page