English Literature and Philosophy explores a diverse range of literary works from different cultures and historical periods, whilst investigating philosophical theories from around the world. You will develop your expertise as a reader, writer, and critic, and also gain the knowledge and skills to contribute to some of the most crucial debates of our time about issues such as decolonisation, sustainability and the environment, gender and sexuality, and political extremism. In Philosophy, you'll consider key questions about the nature of the world and our experience of it, right and wrong, and the boundaries of meaning and what is possible. Why choose this course?
- Become a skilled analyst of literature of all kinds, from poetry to graphic novels to political speeches
- Discover new ideas, debate big questions and better appreciate the views of others
- Research-led teaching, providing insight into new and traditional topics, developing your analytical skills
- Opportunity to apply for an International Year at a partner university to explore diverse cultures
- No. 1 in the UK. Britain's best university, ranked by students (Student Crowd University Awards, 2022)
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please see our website for our full range of entry requirements
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course