Get the dance, acting and musical theatre skills you’ll need for professional careers in the performing arts. This degree in professional dance and musical theatre will help you realise your potential as a professional dancer and musical theatre artist. It is offered by one of the university's partner colleges: Bird College in Sidcup, south-east London. You will develop your practical skills in musical theatre, acting, singing, voice and a variety of dance styles. The academic side of the course will enable you to explore the theory behind performance in practice, encouraging the development of your personal vision and reflection as an artist. Depending on the modules you choose, you can specialise in musical theatre or dance. In your final year, you will also have the chance to take part in performances to which we invite industry employers. Career options include musical theatre, cabaret and TV. What you should know about this course
- Develop high levels of performance skills by engaging with a range of dance disciplines, as well as the closely related genres of singing, musical theatre and acting
- Set within the context of a demanding programme of academic study, which relates theory to practice
- During the final year, students specialise in major performances both in Dance and Musical Theatre and engage in an independent project, which can combine practical and written work
- This course is for anyone who has relevant experience and demonstrates the potential to be a successful professional dancer, and musical theatre artist
- On successful completion of the programme students will have gained relevant dance, acting and musical theatre skills to embark on a professional career in the arts and related industries
All degree courses are made up of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures, module content, and how each module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
On this course, students are assessed by take-home exams, coursework and practice assessments on campus where required. Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include 'practice' assessments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bird College
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We accept A Levels, T Levels, BTECs, Access to HE and all other qualifications with UCAS Tariff points.
Additional entry requirements
Suitable applicants will be required to attend a College audition.
English language requirements
For more information about our English Language Requirements, please click on the following link.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
020 8331 9000