Launch your career in the sport, exercise and health sector with this multi-disciplinary degree. This unique course equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to boost the performance of elite athletes and to work with members of the public including children, older people and those adapting to illness and injuries, to improve their quality of life. Our expert lecturers are active researchers and have practical experience of working in areas such as sports management and policy, sport marketing and leadership, nutrition, sport psychology and sport science, and their research underpins our teaching, ensuring you learn about the latest thinking in the field. This degree is endorsed by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES). Reasons to study Sport and Exercise for Health with Sport Management at Kent
- Through our wide range of modules you will discover best practice and innovation in sport management with insights from leading international researchers, specialists and practitioners from within the UK and global sport sectors; including in the areas of sport development, volunteering, professional sports work, and sport-mega event legacy.
- We have professional connections with the NHS, sports teams and organisations, health-promoting agencies and private businesses, and regularly engage with them across sport, science and health. These relationships inform our research-led teaching and practice, and improve your employability through providing work placement opportunities and unique sector insights.
- During your course you will have access to our fantastic facilities including cycling and rowing ergometers; 3D motion video analysis; blood testing and respiratory gas analysis equipment; a rehabilitation gymnasium; an anti-gravity treadmill and an environmental chamber.
- You will benefit from the wider Kent Sport facilities on our Canterbury campus, such as the fitness suite, dance studio and indoor halls and outdoor sports pitches - as well as our new Kent Sport Clinic, which will be the most comprehensive sports performance clinic in the South East.
- Team Kent, funded by the students’ union runs more than 60 different sports clubs and our large green campus is a great place for morning/evening runs or cycling.
- If you have competed at county level you can apply for one of the University’s sports scholarships.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Kent
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Clearing contact details
Publicised Clearing Enquiries Contact
Course contact detailsVisit our course page