Gain industry experience as you learn how to take a building from concept to completion. You’ll enhance your design skills and technical understanding of how buildings work. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Design and detail buildings to bring ideas to life
- Enhance your understanding of working in the field through site visits and live projects
- Work on a wide range of design projects, from small domestic to large-scale commercial buildings
- Study a variety of subjects to become proficient in construction technology, materials, legislation and management
- Spend time in the design studio, using industry-standard design suites to develop and apply your skills on building design projects
- Fantastic placements and sandwich year opportunities
- Industry standard specialist facilities/software and regional site visits
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Industry experienced expert teaching team
- Live projects, including construction site visits offer an insight to construction processes and the workings of building sites
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Law in the Built Environment
- Introduction to Construction Technology
- Technical Design Project 1
- Building Science & Services
- Materials Science & Structures
- Interdisciplinary Practice
- Building Pathology
- Technical Design Project 2
- Contract Practice
- Construction Technology
- Experiential Learning (part-time route only)
- Refurbishment & Conservation
- BIM Process & Philosophy
- Technical Design Project 3
- Building Performance
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|