Want a career as a Health Visitor or School Nurse? Study for your BSc Hons (Top up) in Specialist Community Public Health at the University of Greenwich. We will teach you how to integrate the study of public health policy, research and evidence-based practice.
- With 50% theory and 50% practice, our expert lecturers prepare you to meet the demands of delivering a service that meets the expectations of commissioning and service delivery organisations both locally and nationally.
- This BSc (Top Up) course leads to a nationally recognised qualification and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Experience high-quality teaching with world-class research and a vibrant student experience.
- This course is 50% theory and 50% practice so you will be prepared to meet real-world demands on both local and national levels.
- This course is delivered in partnership with local community healthcare organisations.
- Successful completion leads to a nationally recognised qualification and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
All degree courses are made up of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures, module content, and how each module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
Students are assessed through a combination of assessment methods depending on the modules chosen. Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include 'practice' assignments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Greenwich (Avery Hill Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
120 academic credits at Level 5. Applicants who are registered nurses or midwives but who do not have the required amount of Level 5 credit should contact the programme team at [email protected] to discuss their academic profile. Candidates will be required to: -Hold a nursing or midwifery qualification and current NMC registration -Undertake selection tests and an interview -Undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check, occupational health screening and meet residential regulations.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
020 8331 9000