Take the first step towards becoming a fully qualified architect. This accredited course fuses practical and technical skills with imagination to encourage your creativity. Studio time is central to this course. You’ll develop your skills in our extensive studio facilities, which include workshop and computer-modelling software. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Study a wide range of topics – from studio design and model-making, to art, history and culture
- Use industry-standard tools to design and build your projects
- Learn technical skills in workshops alongside students from our BA (Hons) Interior Architecture & Design and BA (Hons) Landscape Architecture & Design courses
- 91% of students were positive about the teaching on BA (Hons) Architecture*
- Take the first step towards becoming an architect; this course provides exemption from the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and RIBA Part I examination
- Industry experienced academics with extensive networks will give you exposure to practitioners, leading consultants, and other experts
- Optional Professional Experience and Development Record (PEDR) Monitoring Service
- Access to the Project Office, our own in-house RIBA chartered architectural practice
- We have links throughout the region, nationally and internationally with architectural practice
Year 1 Core Modules:
- AC1.1 Architectural Context
- AC1.2 Architectural Context
- AT1.1 Architectural Technology
- AT1.2 Architectural Technology
- AD1.1 Architectural Design
- AD1.2 Architectural Design
- DC1 Design Communication
- AC2.1 Architectural Context
- AC2.2 Architectural Context
- AT2.1 Architectural Technology
- AT2.2 Architectural Technology
- AD2.1 Architectural Design
- AD2.2 Architectural Design
- DC2 Design Communication
- PS1 Professional Studies
- AC3 Architectural Context
- AT3.1 Architectural Technology
- AT3.2 Architectural Technology
- PS2 Professional Studies
- AD3.1 Architectural Design
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City CampusC
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We conduct interviews as part of the admissions process and suitable applicants will be invited to an interview. At interview you are assessed on your portfolio (artwork or photographs of artwork together with written assignments), general knowledge and your enthusiasm for art.
Additional entry requirements
We conduct interviews as part of the admissions process and suitable applicants will be invited to an interview - interview dates will be published in due course. Invitations are sent via UCAS and you should check your UCAS Track account for further interview details.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|