Our mathematics with business degree gives you a knowledge of mathematics and business processes and the ability to apply them to real-life problems. Our mathematics courses are highly regarded, we are ranked 3rd in the UK in Mathematics for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2022). Also, we are ranked 3rd in London overall, 1st for student satisfaction with the course, and also with feedback, and 2nd for student satisfaction with teaching (Guardian league table, 2022). This includes our mathematics with business degree, which covers topics such as logical analysis, deduction, mathematical modelling, business processes and calculation. You will also learn to use some of the mathematical software packages to analyse data. You will gain a theoretical and practical knowledge of mathematics, enabling you to solve a range of complex business problems. Business is a minor component of the degree and accounts for a quarter of your studies. Many industries can benefit from graduates able to combine intellectual and mathematical abilities with business awareness and acumen, so our graduates can explore a variety of career options. What you should know about this course
- The BSc Hons Mathematics with Business course will give you the opportunity to develop skills such as logical analysis, deduction, problem-solving, mathematical and business modelling
- Our Mathematics degrees are consistently highly ranked: 1st in London for student satisfaction & feedback, 2nd for student satisfaction with teaching (Guardian league table, 2022)
- Throughout you will acquire a broad understanding of business process, mathematical methods and techniques and the ability to apply them appropriately
- Overall, the course will improve your ability to think independently, to interpret and present mathematical findings, to translate quantitative information into qualitative form, and to work in teams.
- Ranked #1 in London for two categories of student satisfaction (Guardian University Guide, 2020)
All degree courses are made up of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures, module content, and how each module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
On this course, students are assessed by take-home exams, coursework and practice assessments on campus where required. Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include 'practice' assessments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Mathematics and its Applications, Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
We accept A Levels, T Levels, BTECs, International Baccalaureate (IB), Access to HE courses, or equivalent level 3 qualifications.
English language requirements
For more information about our English Language Requirements, please click on the following link.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
020 8331 9000