This one year top-up programme offers direct entry into the final year of a Bachelors degree to students who have successfully completed a relevant HND (or equivalent), or who have completed the second year of relevant undergraduate degree, who wish to use their current qualifications to develop skills in international fashion practices. With a strong focus on employability and social responsibility, BA (Hons) International Fashion Design, is aimed at applicants from a variety of backgrounds who want to gain a professional understanding of the fashion industry. The course equips its students with an understanding of the various markets that they will seek to enter on graduation, whether at home or overseas. It has an excellent reputation for producing fashion graduates who combine design innovation with an in-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of fashion design and manufacturing. The course reflects contemporary industry standards and encourages students to design and develop innovative fashion products and ranges using both manual and digital technologies. The programme structure has been developed with shared core units across our fashion portfolio, which will not only provide innovative teaching but also enhance the undergraduate community within an interdisciplinary and internationalised learning culture. This structure allows fashion creatives to continue their creative practice whilst gaining a sound knowledge of the international fashion industry. As well as applicants who would like to establish their own fashion brand or consultancy in this competitive globalised business. Successful graduates of this course will have developed a proficiency in the key skills required to help evolve the fashion industry to become more ethically conscious, socially progressive, culturally aware and environmentally sustainable. Features and Benefits:
- This is an ideal degree if you want to top up your existing qualifications and achieve a BA (Hons) degree in just one year.
- On successful completion of the programme, you can progress directly onto a Masters degree at Manchester Fashion Institute.
- You will have the chance to engage with employers and promote your work through live events, displays and simulated real world scenarios such as mock interviews or pitches.
- A strong focus on industry, with industry visits, field trips to related businesses and organisations and input from guest speakers and industry experts throughout the programme.
- You will have access to outstanding technical resource and studio environment boasting industry standard equipment and machinery.
- Opportunity to work alongside a student group with diverse experiences and educational and cultural backgrounds.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
To be considered for entry to this Top Up course, we require 240 CATS credits earned through recent (up to 2 years) completion of a relevant Foundation Degree, Advanced Diploma, HND (merit or above), the first two years of a relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent. In cases where applicants are returning from industry and do not meet the standard admissions criteria, a case-by-case assessment of recent relevant professional experience will be made to establish suitability for entry to the course. Eligible applicants will be asked to submit a portfolio of work as part of the application process. International students will also be required to achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 with no component less than 5.5, or an equivalent accepted English language qualification.
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building