University of Exeter has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
- You’ll address the concept of science, the knowledge it provides and the way in which the production of knowledge is organised in society
- We’ll provide training in the essential skills of conducting and reporting research in the field of philosophy and sociology of science
- Learn from a diverse and dynamic team of academics with expertise from across the fields of Sociology, Anthropology and Philosophy and benefit from our lively and collaborative research culture
- Our wide range of optional modules gives you the flexibility to build a programme that suits your own interests and career ambitions
- Gain key transferable skills in research, communication, self-management and group working which will be valued by employers within a range of professions as well as providing essential training for PhD study
See our website for details of the modules available for this programme: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/philosophy/philsocscima/#course-content
See our module descriptions for details of assessment methods: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/philosophy/philsocscima/#course-content
We are looking for graduates with a 2:1 or above in philosophy, sociology, statistics, data or maths. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criterion, if your first degree is in a different discipline, you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application. All applicants should provide a personal statement explaining their interest in the programme and how it fits with their earlier studies. For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages of our website at www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/fees/fundingyourmasters