Do you want to develop your photographic vision and tell stories that matter? Become a photographer, capturing the world in its many facets and seizing unique moments in time? From studio portraiture to social documentary to landscape photography, study our photography degree to explore your creativity in a range of genres and bring it to life with technique and ideas. This innovative course in contemporary photography, based on our dedicated arts campus, will prepare you to embark on a career in the cultural and creative photography industries. Course Overview At least two-thirds of this photography degree course is practical photography, from studying technical skills of contemporary and traditional photography to exploring production outcomes for print and web platforms. Facilities include a darkroom with colour processor, three shooting studios, and a digital darkroom, all supported by a dedicated photography technician. You’ll have the freedom to study photography at university level while pursuing and developing your own individual style. We run an open-door policy and we’ll be on hand to help you hone your work. Your tutors have current industry links so you’ll always be up to date with the latest technologies and industry trends. Visiting speakers will inspire and challenge you. Field trips and residentials will feed your imagination, and there will be ample opportunity for you to exhibit your work. On this course you will...
- Develop your photographic and editing skills while experimenting during workshops and outdoor activities.
- Work with students across the creative arts, collaborating on projects and exploring new mediums.
- Be taught by industry experts with experience working freelance and within creative organisations.
- Have the opportunity to exhibit your work publicly alongside the work of classmates across the arts.
- Photographic Image Capture
- Cultural Contexts
- Picturing Place: Culture & Identity
- Collaborative Practice
- Networks & Narratives: Photography in the Community
- Immersive Image-Making
- The Photographic Interface: Industry Experience
- Theorising Photography
- Blueprint of Practice
- Independent Research Paper
- Resolution of Practice
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Brampton Road
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|