Gain the skills required to collaborate and work effectively across the creative industries as a scriptwriter. You will also develop script editing skills working closely with other students within the Media Production framework. Why study MA Scriptwriting at BU?
- Develop your ideas from concept to industry-standard final draft, develop your own voice, learn how to critique others work and make industry contacts to pitch for employment
- See your scripts come to life and contribute to others’ productions by working collaboratively with students across the framework
- This intense course allows you the opportunity to work both in teams in addition to producing individual writing pieces
- Become a writer with a distinctive authorial voice with an industry-standard portfolio, writing in a range of formats and genres and a robust attitude to collaboration and development
- All of our teaching staff have worked on award winning Film, Television and multiplatform projects and you will also benefit from regular industry guest speakers and alumni.
Scriptwriting Principles; Storytelling; Story Development; Approaches to Industry; Media Production Masters Project
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information