Designed in line with ESRC guidelines, the MRes Management offers a solid foundation for doctoral studies in management. The programme combines in-depth study of a specialist management topic of your choice and applied training in management research methods. It provides an integrated ESRC pathway into your management PhD. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- This MRes Management will equip you with theoretical knowledge of your chosen specialist research topic in management, as well as the qualitative and quantitative skills necessary to become a successful management researcher or analyst.
- You will learn how to identify research questions, design and manage research projects, and prepare high quality research proposals. You will create your own research proposal and gain applied training that is tailored to your specific research topic.
- At an early stage of the programme you will be allocated a supervisor who will support you in designing and implementing your own research project using the research methods, tools and techniques that you acquire throughout the year.
- Class sizes are small for the core specialist management courses, which facilitates an interactive learning environment.
- Throughout the year you will have the opportunity to take part in research workshops, seminars, and conferences, as well as social and guest speaker events that we organise for our PhD students.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
- Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'. Classes start September 2021 and you may be expected to attend induction sessions the week before.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent ideally in business related discipline. Your degree must contain at least 25% of credits in business & management. This is a specialist degree for students with a background in a relevant field of study. Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of management are advised to apply for MSc Management. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.