Our Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MA will provide you with a thorough introduction to current research, teaching theory, principles and practices in English language teaching. You will have the opportunity to observe actual language classes, plan and teach real lessons and carry out research on language learning and teaching. (If you have at least three years’ experience as a language teacher, please see our MA in Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching). Key benefits
- Develop theoretical knowledge and practical skills for teaching English in different contexts.
- Four weeks of supervised teaching practice.
- Gain a professional certificate in TEFL at the same time as your MA in TESOL.
- Observe lessons and learn from experienced teachers at International House London.
- Excellent tutorial support and extensive course-specific training in research methods and academic writing.
- Staff have extensive experience of teaching and training teachers in a wide variety of contexts.
A 2:1 undergraduate degree is usually required in a relevant subject (for example: a foreign language; English; Linguistics/Applied Linguistics/Language and Communication; Psychology; a social science subject). Alternative qualifications may be considered. In order to meet the academic entry requirements for this programme you should have a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. If you are still studying you should be achieving an average of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. Work experience: No previous experience of language teaching is required although any experience including informal tutoring or volunteer teaching and/or observation of teaching will be taken into account in assessing your application.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
King's College London, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
King's Admissions Office
+44 (0) 20 7123 4843