The global sports sector continue to grow at a phenomenal rate and demand for business graduates to support this burgeoning industry is increasing, creating a flourishing job market for suitably qualified graduates with the skills and experiences gained studying a BA (Hons) Sport Business and Leadership. Students on the degree programme explore a variety of disciplines aimed at all levels from elite to grass roots including digital media, applied marketing, PR, brands, sports management, leadership and sports events management including others. Employability and enterprise are key elements of this programme. As such, you will complete 120 hours of placement in your second year and have access to a range of opportunities to engage in work-related learning so that you can put theory into practice, develop professional networks and increase your social capital. The University of Northampton works with a number of the regions sporting bodies including Northampton Saints, Northampton Steelbacks Cricket, Silverstone Racing, Northampton Town FC, N Sport and Northampton rowing amongst many others. Our key contacts with local community sports club also provide an excellent base for students to learn and develop their sport business skills on a regular basis. We continually liaise and engage at a senior level with the sports business industry to ensure the programme is as cutting-edge as possible. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
STAGE 1 Sport Pedagogy for Coaching (Compulsory) Introduction to the Sport Industry (Compulsory) The Social Context of Sport and Exercise (Compulsory) How to be successful at University (Compulsory) Sport Marketing and Communication (Compulsory) Essentials of Sport Business Leadership (Compulsory) STAGE 2 Sport Research Methods (Compulsory) Professional Practice and Entrepreneurialism (Compulsory) Digital Sport Marketing (Compulsory) Sport Leadership and Team Dynamics (Compulsory) Strategic Sport Management (Designated) Positive Psychology Coaching (Designated) Sport, Society and Social Equality (Designated) Designing Successful Events (Designated) OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR Sport Optional Placement Year (SOPY) (Designated) STAGE 3 Dissertation (Compulsory) Global Sport Business (Compulsory) Leading Elite Sports Culture (Compulsory) Applied Practice in Sport (WBL) (Designated) Physical Activity and Society (Designated) Managing Sport Marketing Campaigns (Designated) Event Management in Sport and Leisure (Designated) Module information is quoted for 22/23 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
You will be assessed through a combination of essays, exams, reports, presentations and work placements.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|