Course Overview Seeking a rewarding career as a key member of a surgical team in the operating department? This BSc Operating Department Practice degree is for you. Why study with us
- You’ll have access to our state-of-the-art clinical skills and anatomy laboratories.
- Topics you’ll study include the anaesthetic, surgical and recovery phases of Operating Department Practice, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, embedding change and leadership and management in the perioperative environment.
- Once you graduate, you’ll be able to work in operating departments and be eligible to apply for statutory registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- You’ll develop your career, enhance your knowledge and skills, and gain an academic qualification.
- Clinical placements are provided in NHS Trusts to enhance your personal and professional development.
- University and staff and services provide an excellent level of support for you on this course to allow you to succeed in your studies.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7||with no component score less than 7.0 (to have been taken within 2 years before the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Central Lancashire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page