Sport and Exercise Science is a great choice if you want to focus your studies on the relationship between exercise and the human body. It involves exploring the body at a cellular level and analysing the impact of sport and exercise on the body as a whole. On our course you'll gain a solid understanding of the science behind sport and exercise while developing practical skills in our dedicated laboratories. Key areas that you'll study include biomechanics, physiology, psychology and sociology. During the degree, you'll have a ‘consultancy’ and ‘research’ informed experience whereby you'll participate activities linked to our consultancy unit, the SportsLab, which provides scientific services for sports people. You'll also have opportunities for paid employment working for SportsLab. Throughout the course, you'll develop transferable skills that will prepare you for employment. From team working and effective communication to research and organisational skills, you'll be building in confidence and ability all the time, so that by the time you graduate you're fully prepared to follow your career aspirations. Top reasons to study with us
- 93% of our Sport and Exercise Science students were satisfied overall with their course. National Student Survey 2022
- You’ll benefit from our joint specialist facility, Polo Farm Sports Club. Just a short distance from the Canterbury Campus, the facilities include three floodlit hockey pitches, an indoor tennis centre, outdoor tennis courts and a spacious sports hall, specialising in netball, hockey and cricket.
- We have been offering sport and exercise science courses for over 35 years, making us one of the longest standing providers of sports courses in the UK.
- You'll be taught by a passionate, research active team of academics and be supported by specialist technical staff.
- Our multi-million-pound Sports Centre has the latest fitness equipment and offers gym and recreational sport memberships, a full range of fitness classes, and a personal training service.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work within our consultancy unit, SportsLab, using your expertise to help athletes improve their performance.
- 100% of our Sport Coaching Science students were in jobs or further study 15 months after finishing their course. Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022
For a list of core and likely optional modules, please visit our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Canterbury Christ Church University
North Holmes Road
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry Form
Clearing Enquiry Service
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Team