Are you looking to work in advertising, architecture, sports, fashion or content creation? Want to become a leading commercial photographer? Our bespoke degree will set you up with the technical skills, business knowledge and confidence to work in the fast-paced, high-intensity world of commercial photography. At the University of Cumbria, we have created a cutting-edge, industry-led commercial photography degree which is designed to build your portfolio and launch your commercial photography career. Course Overview On this commercial photography course, you will study commercial photography at university level, learning advanced photographic and lighting skills in the studios and on location. You will understand how to use studio lighting to make your images pop, as well as professional post-production and editing skills to give your images the final finishing touches, taking your portfolio to the next level.. On this course you will...
- Be taught by photography tutors who are embedded within the commercial world and have developed excellent commercial connections and professional expertise. Their clients include Nike, Converse, JD Sports, Pfizer and Panda London.
- Benefit from full access to Cumbria’s dedicated, industry-standard facilities. Our four photography studios come complete with lighting rigs and with iMacs set up for tethered shooting in each.
- Be able to use large format and 3D printers, with all the tech overload supported by our dedicated photography technicians on hand for support. Our digital facilities are matched by our analogue facilities, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Have access to a vast selection of camera systems from 35mm analogue, high-end DSLR and medium format digital cameras to help build your skill set.
- Photographic Image Capture
- Digital Image Production with Lighting Design
- Contemporary Image Theory
- Cultural Contexts
- Collaborative Practice
- Commercial Practice 1
- Media and Moving Image
- Word and Voice
- Commercial Practice 2
- Negotiated Live Project
- Business Development
- Blueprint of Practice
- Resolution of Practice
- Independent Research Paper
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Brampton Road
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|