This unique postgraduate programme provides practising project professionals with the opportunity to enhance their skills as leaders in a complex project environment, and is the first university programme to be recognised by the Association for Project Management (APM) as meeting both the technical knowledge and professional practice requirements for chartership. COURSE OVERVIEW Led by the University of Cumbria’s nationally acclaimed Project Management team, and developed in collaboration with the Project Academy Ltd., this programme has been aligned to the APM Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) Standard. Students who complete this programme will also be eligible to apply for Chartered Project Professional status. ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Study a unique postgraduate programme, designed to elevate the skills and knowledge of professionals currently working in a Project, Programme or Portfolio setting.
- Apply your learning directly back to your organisation with a flexible delivery pattern that complements the workplace environment.
- Study a range of interactive project topics, developing knowledge of fundamental project management concepts and principles, and maximising opportunities for professional development and collaboration.
- Work with the leading providers of Project Management education in the UK, partnering with employers such as Sellafield Ltd., BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, the NHS, and the BBC in recent years.
- Learn from our academic staff, who have a wealth of hands-on experience from a multitude of different sectors, including IT, Engineering, Finance, and the Armed Forces.
- Budgeting and cost control
- Financial management
- Change control
- Conflict management
- Consolidated planning
- Governance arrangements
- Risk and issue management
- Stakeholder and communications management
- Team management
- Leadership and Professional Practice
- Project Leadership and Communication
- Leadership in Business Case Development
- Leadership in Monitoring and Project Quality
- Successful Leadership of Complex Projects
- Research Methods and Industry Project
Each module usually involves two pieces of assessment based around the APM Chartered Standard, and each module will contribute appropriate evidence to support an application for ChPP status. Full details can be found in the programme specification.
Applicants for this programme will typically have: An Undergraduate degree (2:2 honours degree or above) in Project Management, OR, an undergraduate degree (2:2 honours degree or above) in any subject plus an APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ). Level 2 English and Maths. Current and ongoing experience in a Project Management role.
Fees and funding